BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dr Update

So I went to my first Neurology appointment on Monday thanks to sweet Angel for getting me an appointment ASAP. The anticipation is killing me...knowing your brain is getting damaged and don't know why. So he looked at my MRI's and he said there are spots on my MRI that are typical placing of MS lesions but that the MRI doesn't show for sure if it's demylenating lesions or if it's from some type fo vascular problems(small clots or strokes or whatever) So now the testing starts to figure out what it is. I started monday with Steriod infusions for two days. It did a number on me but has helped in some areas. It did make my headaches more massive and painful but it's a side effect of the drug. I had rapid heartbeat at points in the night with 110 beats per minute. I got flush for hours and still am. But I have had some relief in pain and stiffness. He said if this relieves some symptoms it means that it might be autoimmune like MS or Lupus or something because it will take down the inflammation and pain caused by those in the brain and spinal column. Second I had about 10 vials of blood or so (I think it was more) taken for all kinds of tests. I have some of them back on my dr's webpage he has for me but I can't tell what all of them mean with the medical gibber gabber. So I will have to wait for the dumbed down version from my dr! But all the autoimmune, kidney,liver and lupus ones are higher than normal. I will have to have and EKG with bubble this thursday to rule out a hole in my heart that could be sending clots to my brain. Right now they are just ruling out things and trying to find out what could cause all my pain, fatigue, headaches, miscarriage, my left eye having problems, muscle twitching etc! He did show in my appointment that my left hand was weaker and had drifting left eye, and i saw double at one point out of my left eye. Which is where the majority of my headaches are. I am also realizing I can't concentrate. Remember things as well and I can't remember even some of my close friends names. So don't be offended if I all the sudden can't remember your name. I know you just can't pull your name out! He said that alot of times after someone has a kid or the hormones from a pregnancy loss could make a flare up in an autoimmue disease and that's why I could have had more problems since the miscarriage. So we will see......only time and tests will tell. I hope this is the beginning of some relief and not the beginning of worse things to come! We are doing good. We are grateful for all the outpouring of love and support. Life gives us challenges, but the lord knows we can handle all that he gives us so we will handle all of this! We know we aren't the only ones that struggle.

2 comments:

The Baker said...

The waiting and not knowing is always worse (in my opinion) than anything else. I think you are wonderfully strong. Hang in there and holler if you need me

dlkenney said...

hang on and good luck ... the testing and waiting can be hard but once they figure things out it will help relieve some of the symptoms ... My sister Brittany was diagnosed with MS two years ago and I remember the pain and stress she went through just trying to find the right doctor to do the right test ... God Bless