BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pondering (warning long emotional post)

These last couple of months for me have been a humbling experience. I have been pondering a lot about my support system I have. Lets start with my family. I was lucky enough to be born to my parents. I do indeed have the best parents in the whole world. They serve me everyday and never ask for anything in return. The tend my kids EVERYDAY I am at work. They do special errands for me as I can't do everything because I work full time. They are loving and supportive and are wonderful people who serve their family and community.

My Husband....what did I EVER do to deserve such a wonderful man! Words can't describe how awesome he is. With all the pain and sickness I have had in the 5 years we have been married he sure has stepped up to the plate. Not once has he ever blamed me for being lazy(which I blame myself all the time) not once has he told me to help him when I am just watching him because I am so fatigued or hurt to bad to help. This is the list of things he does for me. He does the Laundry, all the yard work, Cleans, takes care of the kids, does dishes, grocery shopping, and many more things. You ask what do I do? Not much. I pretty much do the little cooking we do and sometimes dishes but he takes care of the rest. He picks up all the slack without complaining or degrading me. Which I probably wouldn't give him the same respect. He loves me and his family...all his family and would do anything for any of them. Not only does he do this for me....but he finds time to help my parents, and syblings out. He finds time to help our neighbors with their projects. He is the definition of Service. Each day I spend with this man I fall more in love with him. What a blessing he is in my life.

My sister......not only did I get the best parents I got the best sisters too. She has stepped up to the plate for me too. Since we work 10 hour days and are required to and since we only have about 1 1/2 hours with our boys before they have to go to bed because we drag them out of bed at 5:55 or so to go to grandmas......well any who. We didn't want to spend that time cooking and cleaning up dinner........so what does she do she says. Well have something in mind or something ready and she will cook us dinner each night and stop on the way home from work and do that for us. She exercises during that time to on our WII. So now we come home and dinner is on the table. What a selfless thing to do! Did I tell you I love my family! She is like another member of our family at our house. She does so much for me. She will tend my kids anytime for free. She takes my kids on auntie nephew dates. She is so awesome. She pushes me to exercise even though its painful. Which I need. She makes me want to be a better person.

My neighbors & friends......how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends to live by. They are just neighbors they are friends and some I would consider family. I am somewhat of a social butterfly...I am shy but I love having friends over for social events. I love just being able to walk out the front door and be able to know I can find someone to talk too and know that they care about me as much as I do them. They bring so much joy in our family and I know I can count on them for anything and I hope they feel the same for us. I love our monthly dinners we have with a couple of our friends. We have done it for 5 years and look forward to it every month. The are such a blessing in our life! We love them so much! I am grateful for Janae...for comforting me through my break down at church and crying with me even though she didn't know what can of worms she was opening. The sincernest in her eyes comforted me! I think all those former neighbors and friends I grew up with know that they have effected me all in such a way to mold me to the person I am today! I am grateful for each one of them.

My coworkers..........ok Well two of them...they know who they are. I can count on them for anything! Did you hear me anything. Even though I spend 40 hours a week with them they aren't sick of me. I can talk to them about anything. Any question I am to embarrsed to ask anyone else................I ask them. They will explain to this sheltered girl! They would do anything for me and I love them and I am grateful for them each day!


Unexpected friends.....Every friday Tim or I (it's my job to do but tim fills in when I can't) one of us goes to Charlie's house to help this little sweet angel try to regain some function in his sweet little body after having bacterial menegitis. We go and with a couple of other people at a session help him crawl and learn sensation and sound and sight again. We started in November I think it was of 2009. I know from us serving this sweet family that we have been blessed. How do I know Charlie. Well Charlie's mom Angel(the name is fitting) grew up close to us back in childhood days at one point we were in the same ward. Well she is my brothers age and her and her husband Rob are friends with my brother. Also when they got married they moved in the duplex across the street from my parents so I lived by them for a while. I was heart broken about Charlie for them. When the opprotunity came for me to be able to help them. I didn't hesitate. I always think what if I needed help? How could I not help someone in need. Once I found out I had the problems with demylenation I had my dad call a neurologist while I was in disneyland and make me an appointment for me. Well at my last Therapy session with Charlie I asked Rob about Angel's job(my dad had mentioned he thought she worked for a neurologist) He said she did but it's strickly and MS clinic. We talked about things for a minute and immediatley he said I am going to ask Angel if they take your insurance and see what we can do about getting you in ASAP! He looked at me and told me that his heart hurt for me. I never in a million years thought one of my brothers friends would ever feel that way for me! I always felt like the stupid little younger sister with his friends. Angel and Rob have never treated me that way. Angel is working right now with her Doctor to get me into him as soon as possible even though he only works 9 days in the next two months. I even remember when I was still single and struggling with loneliness and stuff I was outside my parents house and Rob and Angel, my brother and a bunch of their friends were going to dinner. Angel invited me. There was no way in heck I was going to hang out with my brothers friends. I was never accepted there. I declined. But Angel being the sweetest person ever INSISTED I come and join them. I went and it was just what I needed at that time. Being accepted somewhere were I never dreamed I would be accepted. It was wonderful. In a small way it changed a perspective in my life. Also when I help with Charlie another one of my Brothers friends helps at the same time as me Troy. What an awesome guy he is! He talks to me and actually cares too about me! I guess I have never been accepted in that part of my Brothers life.....so to me it's shocking. I guess these weren't the guys that hung out at our house when growing up. But I wish they would have been the ones!!! I am glad that now I get to see them once a week and chat! They are funny too. I am sorry about getting on the Brother band wagon but apparently I have some brother issues. Don't get me wrong I still love him. I guess we have just never grown out of the sybling rivalry/ older cool brother vs younger sister that he thought was annoying. Maybe by the time I am 70 we will be over that.

I am grateful for all the people in my life that have influenced me for the good. Even if you weren't mentioned I hope you know the impact you have made on my life and I am grateful for you. Even though I have struggled physically and been sick for a long time I am grateful for all that I have and I just wanted to share it with the WWW :)

11 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my sweet cousin! You are amazing and I love you so much. I am sorry you are going through all this but I'm glad that you have such a great support system. Know that that includes me too. When ever you need anything I'll do my best to help. You are so insipring!

Kari said...

Yup I know you are there for me too! Thanks. I am glad I have family and friends so close. You are one of those that helped me be the person I am today! Love you thanks!

Michigan Man said...

Well my wonderful wife. That is what love is all about. About stepping in and doing my part cause you have done so much for me. Because of you, I have 2 wonderful little boys who are our pride and joy. Marriage is a marathon and not a sprint and sometimes we stumble but we always get back up. Remember to think positive cause me and the boys love you and so do many of your friends. You are a sweet spirit and a blessing in all of our lives.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Thanks for sharing that great post! I use to have Britton (Charlie's older bro) in my Preschool class at W. Bountiful when I taught before having my twins. They are a wonderful family!

I feel the same way about my family as you. They are always there when I need them and they go over and beyond for us!

The Baker said...

Your post....well, then Tim's comment,...well, then...I can only say 2 things. You have done for me more than you will EVER know. And the other, A:What can I do for you and B: what are you sick with? (sorry, we have never talked about that!)

trina said...

I have always felt blessed to have you in my life! I knew it was Divine Intervention when I found out we were going to be neighbors. I couldn't be more grateful. I hope you know that I am ready and willing to help you in any way I can. I hope you can feel like you can talk to me if you need to or ask me for help. Your friendship means more to me than you will ever know!

Kari said...

Ok So I didn't know Tim linked this ot facebook. But thanks for all the comments. Amber: I had no Idea you knew the Christensens that's awesome. Did you know Libby is Rob's mothers friend growing up...isn't it funny how we are all connected? Konnie: See apparently I don't need anything right now...Tim has done IT ALL!! :) I really am fine I wanted to pay tribute to all you who support me even if you don't know you are :) 2...it was in my previous post that I was diagnosed with a demylenating disease. I have lesions on my brain. I don't know what disease yet until I get into a neurologist to find out. But I have had symptoms for 12 years and kept getting passed around with different diagnoses...so hopefully now I can get some help and relief....or atleast stop the progression... Trina: it was definently not coincidence was it :) Tim well......i'll talk to you later ;)

JaNae said...

Kari, hearing all of this made me just adore you even more. It is so obvious what a great person you are and that you are surrounded by wonderful people! Just know, that I am here anytime, I would love to be able to visit with you more and cry with you more :)
Will you guys be around tomorrow? I am planning on going to the park and having a picnic right after picking Corbin up from school (he gets off about 10:45) Would your boys like to come over and play there - I could pick them up....or if you wanted to come too :) It would be lots of fun and plenty of sun :)

Kari said...

Janae-
I have that therapy until 11:00. I get home around 11:30 so I could bring them over then and they can play. They would love it! We will plan on meeting you then.

Guinevere said...

To my sweet salsa girl. WE love you and your amazing family so much! We feel truly blessed to have you and Tim (and the boys) as neighbors. Your family is the greatest example of service I've known! Thanks for the many summer evening chats, dinners, birthday cakes, gardening tips, camping outings, suprise goodies on sunday afternoons, zuchinni, salsa extravaganzas, the list goes on. We love your guts cute lady.

Chris and Jamie said...

Kari, you're freakin' awesome! You're an amazing woman and friend. Tim is right - marriage, and life, is a marathon not a sprint. I hope you can get over feeling guilty or whatever about not doing everything and realize that every contribution to your family matters. When we first get married we think we have to do everything because that's what cute little housewives do - but marriage is a partnership and you have a wonderful husband who helps and does his part. You have an amazing (and large) support system; we are here to support each other. Be your best self and leave the rest to God. Lots of love!