BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Parker feeling better

Parker is doing better now. His oxygen is finally back to normal levels and his heart rate back to the 115's instead of 180's. I took him to the Doctors yesterday and Tim took him today but I got the real scoop. They think he has RSV. They don't really want to bother testing him because they would treat him the same no matter what. They think he may have gotten a Secondary infection which caused the high temperatures and really bad cough. So he is on antibiotics to help get rid of bacteria if he has it or prevent him from getting it. We can now Nebulize him a lot less. So things are looking better!!! It's sad watching your kids so sick. I can't imgine doing it with a terminal or really sick kid...I admire everyone who can and does!!

4 comments:

dlkenney said...

I am glad he is doing better and they didn't have to hospitalize him with that RSV stuff. I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Becki said...

Yuck! Not fun. I am sorry

Julianna said...

I'm glad he's feeling better. I was so sad when you told me how sick he had been! Please let us know if you need anything.

Shannon Ireland said...

Poor little guy! That makes me sad he was so sick but I am glad he is doing better! Darn winter! Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of it!