BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sick Baby


So our Little baby Parker has had a slight cold for about 3 weeks. Well this last weekend it took a turn for the worse. He started with a bad cough really deep and congested and he looked like he was in pain when he coughed. Then he started with a fever sunday. We were having to be up with him in the nights. Monday morning we woke up and I took his temperature it was 102.1 and he wouldn't wake up for anything really lethargic. We made an appointment with our NP Lisa and she said he had pnemonia. His oxygen was down to 88 when it should have been up to 94. They gave him a shot to open his airway and nebulized him ( i guess that's what you call it) she sent us home with a machine to give him treatments and amoxicillan. While all of this was happening me and Tim were at work. I was so worried about him and was feeling guilty for being at work while he was home so sick. My mom and dad took him to the doctor for us. My mom said that he was so close to be hosptialized and we need to sleep with him sitting up. So that means we have to hold him all night....so needless to say I don't have to feel guilty because I stayed up with him last night and held him up and gave him treatments while Tim slept to go to work today and he will take care of him tonight while I go to work tomorrow. Poor little guy he is so sick and I feel so bad. None of my kids have ever been this sick.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm so sorry. It's hard when your kids are sick! I'm sure you're not getting much sleep, either!

Becca said...

Poor little guy! I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Poor kid..we will keep all of you in our prayers! Let us know if you need anything!!! Take care & Merry Christmas!!!

Amanda said...

So sad:( I'm sorry! Kids getting sick is the WORST! Hope he gets better soon!

Jeanene said...

That's so hard! I hate when my kids are sick. Good luck and we'll pray for him.