BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, August 3, 2008

2nd Annual Friends Campout

As a kid growing up my neighborhood would have a campout out every summer/spring as a neigborhood so I have started this tradition in my new neighborhood. Sorry no pictures our camera is broken I haven't gotten any pictures from anyone else yet. All other pictures I have posted are my sisters. Tim and I decided to stay two nights as most people only stay one. So we went up to Coalville to stay at an RV Park that has cabins camping and tent sites. Well needless to say we got their and unpacked and took a walk around and noticed none of the tents sight or anything had tables or firepits...how to tenters cook food without a firepit....well when the Ingles our friends got there we started driving around to find a new campsite for 8 families on the july 24th weekend. We went to Echo reservoir and it was like beer drinking camping on the beach of the lake(with toddlers and kids yeah right!) Well then we went to Rock port State Park and they were all full at the top campground but said there was first come first serve down below and we went down and they luckly had 5 open sites. So we reserved them went back got our money back and packed up and went to our new site. The Irelands met us there by that time. We didn't get dinner cooked or eat till 11:00 at night and since we had a cabin at the other site we had to sleep with the ingles in their HUGE tent with a blanket and sheets...it was a little chilly but we survived. and 5 kids under the age 5 sleeping in one tent....it spells disaster...but they were all perfect. I think the Ingles are the most giving people I have met. We all spent the next day riding bikes and playing at the beach at rockport. Other families came up we had the Beebes' the Catenzaro's, and the Henriksen's. The Woodruff's and the Roger's just drove up for dinner as they had conflicts and couldn't sleep over. It was fun to get to know our friends more and talk. After dinner all the kids and adults that could played football. It was fun. In the morning we all packed up and left after breakfast. Everyone who was done first helped everyone else pack up I have never had that happen on a camping trip before it was nice!! Tim and I after two weekends in a row are done camping for the year. Oh yeah the second night sleeping over my parents had brought up all the tent, and supplies we needed for the next night. We had to bring two cars up!

3 comments:

Julianna said...

I'm sorry we couldn't make it! Hopefully next year!!

Audrey said...

I'm e-mailing you pictures now!

dlkenney said...

sounds like you have a great neighborhood. We love our new neighborhood also. We all get together at least once a month for a BBQ or some type of activity. Camping is one of my favorite activities. In fact I have some really funny pictures of the campout we all went on. If I can find them again, I will send copies to you guys.