BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Course II Final Cake

I finished Course II in my cake decorating classs. It focused on flowers and borders and basket weaving. All which was on the final cake. We used Royal Icing (Icing they use to hold ginger bread houses together) We made the flowers all through the month because when they are made out of royal icing they can last for years. It's just sugar, water and meringue powder so it taste like sugar but is hard and not that tasty to eat but it can make a pretty cake. When in the class I swear it was 90 degrees. My elbow pits were sweating etc....so my icing was melting as I was doing the basketweave and by the time I got home one of the flowers had put to much weight on the basketweave and it fell and exposed the cake. But it didn't totally ruin the cake. I gave the cake to the Wolfley because Craig was begining for a friday cake( which is excuse for me making him was a cake was just because it's friday and I am home on fridays to make him one)

The flowers I made and put on the cake was Victorian Roses, Primroses, Apple Blossoms, Violets, Chrysanthumums, Daffodils, Daisys and Pansy's.

My class next month is Fondant and Gum paste!! It will be fun... but it will be nice if Michaels would actually have the product in stock for me to buy for it!



3 comments:

Cal said...

Happy friday to me, Happy Friday to me............

Thanks Kari, it was delicious

Jeanene said...

That's amazing! I can't believe you can do that!

trina said...

You do a great job! Man, Craig didn't even share! What's up with that? Just kidding.

The pictures of the boys sure are cute too.....