BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

5 days and counting

In 5 more days I will have a 3 year old. How time as flied by. I am in the process of making his Toy story Birthday cake today I started making some of the things for the cake with Gum Paste. Colby wanted to help so I gave him a piece. It's like playdough but dries out really fast. He was rolling it out and making a worm. My mom asked him what he was doing. He said Grandma I am making a cake with my mommy! It's so sweet. I wish I could stay home every day with him! He's so fun to be around. He has been determined since day one that he was going to have a Buzz Lightyear Birthday Party so a bunch of his friends are coming over Saturday for a party. I invited each kid and assigned them to be a Character from the show. I hope it turns out fun!!! I know he is excited. And if you ask him He is already 3. Some of the thing Colby is doing. He will burp or pass gas...I know I should be proud and he will say "Excuse me.....did I scare you" This was also a little thing he said to me last night.. he was asking to play hide and seek he said "ok I will hide and you come find me...you go into my bedroom and say are you in the closet...no....are you under the bed....no......is colby in Parker's room....no...." It was so cute. He just rehearsed a hide and seek game we have played before. He usually hides in really easy spots or tells us where he is going to hide so we will talk loud and act like its really hard to find him. I love this boy!!!

3 comments:

Cal said...

Good job taking advantage of your time off, cakes, blog, hide and seek. But, shouldn't you be RESTING after your surgery? Take it easy.

trina said...

I'm glad you are healing well. I hope you are feeling GREAT very soon.

By the way, a friend of mine went to a birthday party for a 2 or 3 year old. They did not have a bunch of activities. They opened presents at the very first and then let all the kids play with the new toys. She said all the kids had a great time. Just in case you are still worrying about games, etc. for the birthday party, this is a thought!

Kari said...

Cal-
When playing hide and seek I was hiding in my bed under covers....which means I was resting. He couldn't find me so I laid there a long time. Blog is sitting at a computer and typing...um that doesn't take much stomach work...the cake part I have done is like play dough...so again easy enough. And honestly what mother with small kids can rest after surgery....I mean the men would get to rest...but not the moms