BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Salsa, Salsa and More Salsa

So I continued my yearly tradition of bottling salsa. My neighbor Jenn has joined me the last two years to continue this tradition. It's nice to have help and more supplies. This year we made some changes....we did it a lot more effecient then our first time together. And it went a lot faster. We added more peppers and onions. It was good. We bottled 70 Pints....did you hear that 70!!! It was awesome. We now should have enough to last till next season. Here are some pictures from that fun and exciting time.


The most important thing....the babysitter....Tim was wonderful to take care of the kids and play with them.


See they had tons of fun. Colby loved playing with Tanner. Colby woke up from his nap that afternoon and said I want Tanner. It was so cute.





Pureeing the ingredients..it's alot faster than hand chopping.




Me and Jenn Filling the bottles




The finished product. I had to process my bottles three times...I think I filled them too full.



Jenn and I posing so cute....I hope you realize I hadn't done my hair or showered for the day.


3 comments:

Becca said...

Yummmm salsa! You're amazing that you can take that on. I wish I had had enough veggies from my garden to bottle salsa. Next year I'll plant more.

dlkenney said...

Wow you are domestic. I haven't canned in a very long time. I would love to start canning again soon.

Jeanene said...

Gosh Kari - I slacked off on the salsa making for this year! Good job. I can't believe you did so much!