BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

Colby's Birthday Party

We had Colby's third birthday party with some of his friends. It was fun for him. Of course all the kids behaved themselves but the birthday boy. It was a Buzz lightyear birthday party. We had it in our unfinished basement. We put up buzz lightyear green on our walls to hide ours and my brothers storage. I assigned each child a character from toy story. We had Woody, Bullseye, Ham, Mr and Mrs potato head Etc. All but two kids we invited showed up so we had 13-14 kids. We played a matching game with the characters and then I hid pictures of their character around the room and they found them. We had cake and Ice Cream and played random games like duck duck goose and red rover red rover. Colby had fun and got way to many toys. But he has had fun playing with all of them. We had my family over on Colby's actual birthday and had Hamburgers, french fries (colby's request) and salad and more cake and Ice cream. Below is a picture of the cake I made for Colby's birthday. It's the scene in Toy Story 2 (colby's favorite) where the toys are crossing the road under cones to Al's Toy Barn. I only had Rex and Buz as actual figurines so if you look close one is Slinky Dog slink I made out of Gum paste and put between two cones because that's what he had in the movie and I put hams feet and Mr potato head's feet under cones I made out of gum paste also. I know everything is out of porportion but you get the picture. The cones are bigger then the tipped over semi!







3 comments:

Audrey said...

Kari, this cake is incredible!! You are so good at this! I'll bet it was delicious, too!

Happy Birthday, Colby!

dlkenney said...

Cute cake....Happy Birthday Colby!!!

trina said...

Awesome cake! You do a great job. I'm glad the party went well.